Who doesn’t dream of having a secure career and a stable professional life? Good salary, stable job, and career growth is a dream of every individual. In order to keep pace with today’s fast-growing competitive market and to stand ahead of the crowd, it is essential for one to be well-versed in latest technology and be equipped with innovation and discovery being developed in the universe. Blockchain is the latest technology which is on the path to lay the foundation of a decentralized future. As a result, Blockchain has become a field which has burgeoning job opportunities. There is a huge demand for Blockchain talent pool.
Rising demand for Blockchain Developers-
As mentioned above Blockchain is a growing field, and offers a huge job opportunity. The increase in demand for Blockchain talent has led the technology to be the fastest growing skills among 5000 skills in today’s market. A Blockchain developer in the US can earn around $158,000 per year as compared to other software developers who earn $105,000 per year. The scope of the job is not merely restricted to full-time work, but at the same time, there is arising demand for freelance Blockchain Developer who can earn $150 per hour. Singapore has Blockchain Developers who are a millionaire and are paid in ethers.
How to become a Blockchain developer-
To be a Blockchain Developer, you must have a passion for the business, understanding of computing language and a zeal to create something innovative. Addition to this, there are specific skill sets that you must possess. In this blog, I will be emphasizing the prerequisites of becoming a Blockchain Developer.
Let’s get started:
Companies, in search of Blockchain talent, hire candidates for numerous roles. They require people with profound Blockchain knowledge, having experience of creating and running distributed ledger, capable of implementing Blockchain in various areas etc.
Most of the companies comprise a team of professional Blockchain Developers and Experts. These guys are expected to know the principles of the Blockchain system along with strong skills in software development.
If you want to become a Blockchain Expert, you can check out the certifications training offered by Blockchain Council here.
Here are the skill sets you must master :
- Hyperledger: Hyperledger is a private permissioned Blockchain used to develop business blockchain framework with the help of hyperledger tools. If you wish to start with Hyperledger then you have two stable projects, (i) Hyperledger Fabric, and (ii)Hyperledger Composer
We have a few more of them but they are not as stable as the ones mentioned above and are under moderation.
- Multichain: Multichain is used to develop solutions for Private Blockchain which can be either permissioned or permissionless. You can also build public blockchain if you have an expertise in multichain.
A quick view of what you need to become a Blockchain Developer-
- Curiosity to learn something new. You must learn about any of the Blockchain platforms, the like of which includes: Ethereum, Hyperledger, Multichain.
- Understanding about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin.
- Understanding of basic cryptography including symmetric, asymmetric functions, encryptions, and hash functions.
- Knowledge of programming languages like Python, Scala, C, C++, C#, Haskell, Erlang, etc.
- Knowledge about distributed ledger technology and its functioning.
Blockchain Council Certification
Checkout Blockchain Certifications offered by Blockchain Council to help you get started in the right direction.
Learning Blockchain is not a day’s affair, it’s a new technology and is changing every day. Thus, it is essential that you must have the passion for learning new things. A good institute plays a key role in this. You must consult premium institutes or companies offering blockchain development training like Blockchain Council where you can hone your skills and learn more about blockchain development.