In today’s context, it is becoming indispensable to possess an in-depth knowledge of the innovations in technology, with special reference to the blockchain. It is important for everyone to have a thorough knowledge of the full range potential of blockchain technology. Choose from the umpteen number of multifaceted certifications available to leverage the opportunities presented by blockchain and to have a lucrative career in the field of blockchain and in general, a fair overview of the technological landscape.
In this article, we will learn the three major blockchain certifications, namely Blockchain Expert, Blockchain Architect, and Blockchain Developer. Before we delve deeper into this topic, let us first start with knowing who an expert, architect, and developer are.
Who Is A Blockchain Expert?
A blockchain expert is one who understands the capabilities of all blockchain platforms and programming languages. He is capable of coding a blockchain network and defining its rules and protocols. A blockchain expert is skilled in the fundamentals of blockchain and uses his profound technical knowledge to build blockchain-based applications to re-invent traditional businesses. A blockchain expert is one who possesses a deep understanding of the basics of the blockchain, consensus algorithms, blockchain attacks, smart contracts, and blockchain use cases.
Who Is A Blockchain Architect?
A blockchain architect is one who works with technology and R&D teams for designing and building solutions to leverage cross-asset concepts and frameworks. He works on emerging technologies and creates performance metrics for measuring blockchain performance. He is experienced in database architecture and design for creating storage solutions distributed ledgers and database systems. A blockchain architect provides innovative solutions for building and supporting client systems and applications on distributed ledger platforms such as blockchain.
Who Is A Blockchain Developer?
In a basic sense, a blockchain developer is one who develops blockchain solutions. He is involved in the research, design, development, and testing of blockchain technologies. He maintains and extends the current server and client-side applications which are responsible for integration and business logic. He implements and supports a distributed blockchain network. He analyzes an enterprise’s requirements, designs blockchain technology based on business models, and builds and launches blockchain networks. The two types of blockchain developers are:
Core blockchain developer- He is responsible for developing and designing the architecture and consensus protocols of a blockchain system.
Blockchain software developer- He uses the architecture and protocols designed by the core blockchain developer to build decentralized applications.
Skills Required To Enroll :
1. Blockchain Expert Certification:
- A person from a business background such as an entrepreneur must have a basic idea of why and how they would prefer to leverage blockchain for their business.
- Basic knowledge of programming languages such as Python or Java would be useful, but that is not a strict prerequisite.
- A clear understanding of his/her areas of interest in blockchain and knowledge gained from reading blockchain books and journals and Satoshi Nakamoto’s whitepaper.
- An idea of the latest blockchain news and trends and experience of attending blockchain-related workshops and seminars.
- Being an active member of any blockchain community both online and offline.
- Elementary knowledge of blockchain fundamentals, consensus methods, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain use cases.
2. Blockchain Architect Certification:
- A fair understanding of blockchain platforms.
- Knowledge of the types of blockchains.
- A clear grasp of the technical concepts of ICO (Initial Coin Offering) whitepaper.
- Blockchain use cases
3. Blockchain Developer Certification:
- Excellent knowledge of the working and architecture of blockchain.
- Profound knowledge and applicative sense of data structures.
- A good grasp of cryptography and peer-to-peer networks.
- Knowledge of front-end and back-end web development aspects such as API handling, request handling, decentralized applications (Dapps), etc.
- Experience working with open-source projects and large codebases.
Roles And Responsibilities :
1. Blockchain expert
- Designing and sharpening blockchain-based business models.
- Developing applications in or tools for Hyperledger or Ethereum using the Go, or Java, and Solidity languages respectively.
- Focusing on secure coding principles and practices.
- Developing and analyzing source code in common programming languages such as Java, Python, C, and C++.
- Using static and dynamic analysis tools to evaluate the software for finding and removing vulnerabilities.
2. Blockchain Architect
- Designing and developing computing applications.
- Developing blockchain product specifications.
- Applying cryptography to enhance blockchain security.
- Designing and building back-end functionality for online or mobile applications.
- Writing high caliber code to satisfy product requirements.
- Assisting in patent applications.
- Designing network architecture.
- Designing blockchain consensus protocols and security patterns for the network.
- Developing smart contracts and interactions for the front-end of decentralized applications.
- Backend blockchain development.
- Documenting new solutions and maintaining that of existing ones.
Career Prospects :
1. Blockchain Expert
- Senior blockchain analyst.
- A senior blockchain developer.
- Documentation engineer.
- Blockchain Engineer.
2. Blockchain Architect
- Technical architect- Blockchain framework.
- Blockchain application architect.
- Senior technical solution architect.
- Associate director- Senior solution architect.
- Architect- Open source container platforms.
- Senior blockchain architect.
3. Blockchain Developer
- Full-stack web developer.
- Blockchain developer- Ethereum/Solidity.
- Blockchain developer- Cryptography.
- Application developer.
Getting Certified In Blockchain Technology
The prestigious Blockchain Council platform offers all these certifications and now is the right time to make that excellent leap as the demand for blockchain professionals is at an all-time high. What better place to pursue a course than Blockchain Council considering the fact that their certifications provide an in-depth analysis of blockchain concepts and the underlying technology of distributed ledger systems. With the supply of blockchain experts still lagging well behind the demand for their services, this is the perfect time for you to evaluate the benefits you would get if you enroll in a certification offered by a prestigious platform such as the Blockchain Council.
A Brief Intro Of The Blockchain Council
Blockchain Council comprises of an authoritative team of blockchain enthusiasts and subject experts evangelizing blockchain use cases, products, knowledge, and research and development for a better world. Blockchain is one such disruptive technology which is rapidly emerging and has a broad scope for enhancement. Blockchain Council operates on the mission of educating people and creating awareness among businesses, enterprises, developers, and society in the blockchain sphere. Blockchain Council is a private de-facto organization which works individually and proliferates blockchain technology on a global scale.
Reasons For Adopting This Certification
Apart from the inbuilt capabilities of a blockchain, what it additionally requires to succeed on a long term is an accessible and sustainable pool of elite talent.
Let us now analyze the benefits offered by each of these certifications
1. Certified Blockchain Expert
This course is divided into basic, intermediate, and advanced levels of learning. These will cover topics such as the blockchain ecosystem, mining and its types, blockchain applications, blockchain technologies, peer-to-peer networks, consensus algorithms, blockchain attacks, blockchain architecture, smart contracts, and blockchain use cases such as supply chain, cybersecurity, healthcare record-keeping, digital marketing, finance, etc.
2. Certified Blockchain Architect
This course covers the basics of public, private, and permissioned blockchains, cryptography, and blockchain algorithms, business and technical components of blockchain architecture, additional blockchain technologies, transactions, blocks, and architecture of blockchain platforms.
3. Certified Blockchain Developer
In this course, you will begin with understanding what blockchain is, how it differs from traditional technologies, resolving conflicts through consensus, public vs. private blockchains and will move on to learn more about Multichain, Ethereum, Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), Hyperledger Fabric, comparison of hyperledger fabric with other technologies, building your first hyperledger network, stellar consensus protocol, stellar distributed exchanges, stellar assets, and stellar operations and features.
Blockchain professionals are now short in supply and hot in demand. The fastest and easiest way to become proficient in blockchain technology is to either learn on your own or enroll in the comprehensive certifications offered by blockchain specialists or industry groups. Wait no more! Enroll in the exhaustive certifications offered by Blockchain Council to make your mark in the world of blockchain.