As the world around us gets more and more interconnected through new forms of technology, and as it is bringing about revolutionary changes in the way we connect and conduct our lives, we are also becoming increasingly vulnerable to a force that can use the technology of our advancement to maximize their gains. Theft and larceny has been there since the beginning of time, but with changing times and technologies, the ways in which they are carried out has changed as well. Not only that, the object of theft has also undergone definitive changes.
In the present world, information is the gold mine and there are numerous threats from hackers who are willing to steal valuable information. The entire crypto ecosystem is built around the principle of security, safety and protecting valuable assets of the users. However with ever increasing number of users on the blockchain system, the risk of being attacked or stolen is continuously growing.
Virtual Private Networks or VPNs are one of the best ways to ensure safety from hackers who can use personal information for innumerable purposes. Generally when someone browses the internet through a public network, the system and hence the information on the system is more prone to attacks. Moreover when it comes to cryptocurrency trading and investment, the trader needs to use a public and a private key, and if the trader misplaces either one of them, he loses his entire savings. As a result the risk increases tenfold when it is conducted on a shared or a public network. If the hacker gains access to the crypto user’s activities and the mainframe, then the decentralized and permanent nature of the transactions would render the entire system under serious threat.
What exactly is a Virtual Private Network?
As the name suggests, a Virtual Private Network or VPN basically takes all the data traffic of the user and passes them safely through an encrypted channel or an encrypted tunnel, as some people put it that way. This ensures the safety and the privacy of the user as it is separate from a public network. A VPN uses encryption which makes it difficult to interrupt the data traffic. It can also mask the user’s IP address which deters anyone from tracking the user or to hack into his/her system.
A virtual private network can protect the user from random hacks, phishing attacks or even harmful malwares and viruses. It can also protect the user from spoofing or even from virtual ears that hackers can place to virtually listen to(access) the users’ activities online.
NordVPN started back in 2012 with the vision of developing a safety tool for internet users which can be accessed throughout the world. Since then they have pioneered the technology and has established itself as a household name when it comes to online privacy and security.
NordVPN offers fast and reliable internet services which can be used by general individuals and business owners as well. It is easy to set up and depending on their increasing use cases, it is the perfect choice for general users and specially for someone who is willing to secure and protect their crypto transactions.
It offers protection against malwares, viruses, DDOS, ransomware, credential stuffing and injections of SQL which can result from using a public or a private WiFi network.
The main highlights of the services provided by NordVPN are:
- Extra Security Measures: The CyberSec feature offers protection against any malicious malwares or viruses that can infect the system. Apart from that it blocks the usual pop ups and auto play ads.
- Assurance against Tracking: NordVPN asks the users to pay a certain amount as an assurance that the company will not be tracking their data at any given time.
- Payments through Crypto: They welcome payments done through cryptocurrencies like Ethereum, Ripple or Bitcoin.
- Widespread options for servers: NordVPN offers a wide range of servers to select from, more than 5300 servers across 59 locations. Currently they have the biggest set of options to select from when it comes to servers. They have uniquely constructed servers ranging from P2P, Double VPN and even Onion over VPN servers which can be selected based on the specific requirements of the user.
- Speed: With the help of a protocol named NordLynx, the VPN has achieved maximum operating speeds. They were awarded the fastest VPN service in 2020, precisely for this reason.
- Reasonably priced: As mentioned before, NordVPN charges a nominal fee for the wide range of customisable services they provide.
They are offering a money back guarantee for 30 days where they ask the users to test out their product without the risk of payment. They receive payments on services like Amazon Pay, Apple Pay and even bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as such.
Learn more about blockchain technology under the guidance of robust blockchain professionals at the BLOCKCHAIN COUNCIL.